Last Sunday, Don and I went grocery shopping so I can make home-cooked meals. I went on leave for work for about 2 weeks to do wedding stuff and to have a little R&R.
I prepared/marinated all the meats and ingredients that I needed for the week when we got home from shopping.
This was the first dish I cooked. This was accompanied by fruit slices because I’m trying to stay away from rice. 😬
This recipe is good for 1 person only. You can multiply the recipe as needed.
Baked Caprese Chicken with Balsamic Galze
1 pc Chicken Breast, marinated
4 Tomato, thin round slices
4 Mozzarella Cheese, sliced
3-4 Fresh Basil Leaves
1. Marinate chicken breast with rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper and garlic powder. You may also use any of your favourite marinade for the chicken. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 300F.
3. Depending on how big the chicken breast is, slice slits on the chicken to serve as “pockets” for the fillings.
4. Carefully slide in the tomato and mozzarella cheese slices in each pocket.
5. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and brush some olive oil before placing the chicken. I covered the top of the baking tray with aluminium foil to avoid over-browning of the chicken.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven, and slide in fresh basil leaves in the pockets. Alternatively, you can chop up the leaves and sprinkle them on top of the chicken.
8. For the balsamic glaze, boil some balsamic vinegar (depending on how much you want to put in) until thickened. I added a little sugar to speed the process and to tame the sourness since I’m not really fond of sour food!
9. Plate and enjoy!