It’s been 2 months since my last post. I’ve been too swamped at work and it really bums me out not being able to blog more. So I’m starting this month with another cupcake creation.
This is a classic cake flavor and I hope you enjoy making (and eating) it as much as I did! :). It is very easy to make, you’ll be done in 30 minutes!
- 250g Self-Rising Flour
- 250g Caster Sugar
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 250g Butter, unsalted, cubed
- 4 Eggs
- 3 Tbsp Strong Coffee or Espresso
- 1½ cup Whipping Cream
- 300g Cream Cheese, softened
- 4 Tbsp Confectioner’s Sugar
- ½ Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Coffee Powder
- Cocoa Powder, for garnishing
- Preheat oven at 350F. Line your cupcake tins with liners.
- In a bowl, mix together the self-rising flour, caster sugar, baking soda and cubed butter.
- On medium speed, beat for 45 seconds until the consistency is light and crumbly.
- Add the eggs and beat for another 30 seconds until mixture is well-combined.
- Turn the speed on low and add the coffee.
- Beat for another 30 seconds and you’re done!
- Scrape the sides and the bottom of the bowl and divide the batter into 24 portions. Filling about three-fourths full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting, whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Beat the cream cheese for 45 seconds or until light and fluffy.
- Add in the confectioner’s sugar, vanilla extract and coffee powder and beat for another 20 seconds.
- Add about one third of the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture and beat until incorporated.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the rest of the whipped cream by hand until the color is uniform.
- Refeigerate until you’re ready to frost the cupcakes.
- Garnish cupcakes by dusting cocoa powder on top.