It’s that time of the month when Don needs to giveaway cupcakes for this month’s celebrants. I’ve been dying to use the Anthon Berg Dark Chocolate Bar that Don brought home. And this is the perfect recipe for that!
This recipe is really simple (as it usually is here in my site) and does not require any chemical leaveners. It requires a little more batter to fill in each cupcake liner as it does not rise as much. But you get a rich, dense and fudgy goodness!
I took it to the next level by using high quality dark chocolate and it is just divine!
I only needed 6 cupcakes for Don’s office, so I made the leftover batter into 8 smaller, bite size cupcakes!
I used some leftover Basic Cream Cheese Frosting and mixed in cocoa powder. Then I topped it off with fresh strawberries we just bought. Perfect combination!
Dark Chocolate Flourless Cupcakes
- 100g Dark Chocolate, cubed
- 100g Butter, unsalted, cubed
- 2 Eggs
- 150g Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 80g Cocoa Powder, unsweetened, sifted
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven ro 350F.
- Combine the chocolate and butter in a heat-proof bowl. Melt over double boiler or in the microwave in 30 second increments.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes then whisk in the eggs until it’s fully incorporated.
- Mix in the vanilla extract and brown sugar.
- Fold in the sifted cocoa powder until well combined.
- Scoop the batter in cupcake tins, about three-fourths or up to full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. You would want to take it out just when it is done to make the inside fudgier.
- Let cool completely before frosting.