So Don proposed that I do their office’s monthly birthday cupcakes. And I plan to make different flavored ones! So for this month, I made Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting.
I intended to color the buttercream to lilac or lavender shade. But I guess I put too much red food gel and this is what it produced – Old Rose hue. I used a Russian Ball Piping Nozzle to pipe the frosting. And just filled the middle with rainbow sprinkles.
- 125 g Butter, unsalted, softened
- 125 g Caster Sugar
- 2 Eggs, large
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 125 g Self-Rising Flour
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line the muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, making sure it’s well incorporated before adding the next.
- Add the milk and vanilla and beat for another 20-30 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Add the flour and baking soda last. Beat until just well combined.
- Fill the cupcake liners unto two thirds full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until cupcake is fully cooked and slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before frosting.
- Click here for my Basic Buttercream Frosting recipe.