Here’s my Basic Cream Cheese Frosting. It’s very versatile and delicious! This is best paired with Red Velvet Cupcakes or sandwiched between Red Velvet Crinkles or spread over warm Banana Bread.
Basic Cream Cheese Frosting
- 100g Butter, unsalted, softened
- 160g Cream Cheese, softened
- 550g Confectioner’s Sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract (optional)
- Using the paddle attachment of a stand mixer, beat butter and cream cheese for about 30 seconds.
- Add the confectioner’s sugar in 3 batches, allowing the sugar to be fully incorporated before adding more. Beat on low speed then adjust to medium to high speed.
- Add in vanilla extract or other flavoring if using. And beat until just combined.
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix using a rubber spatula.
- The result should be pale fluffy cream cheese frosting.
3 thoughts on “Basic Cream Cheese Frosting.”