This is the easiest buttercream recipe you’ll ever make! With only 4-5 ingredients and no eggs needed.
I use this to frost my cupcakes and it is just heavenly! This is the most basic so you can add extracts and color, too!
The only secret to achieve an almost white and pale buttercream is to whip the butter for a long time. No need to add anything else!
- 150 g Butter, unsalted, softened
- 350 g Confectioner’s Sugar, sifted
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1/4 tsp Flavoring (optional)
- Food coloring (as needed)
- Using the whisk attachment of a stand mixer, whip the butter until it is light and creamy, for about 5-7 minutes on medium/high speed. The butter will become pale in color.
- Add in the confectioner’s sugar in three batches, letting it incorporate well in each addition before adding more.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to make sure no blobs of butter is left unmixed.
- Combine milk, extract and coloring (if using) then pour it into the butter/sugar mixture.
- Whip for another 3-5 minutes. And it’s all done!
NOTE: If you’re in a tropical country (like me!), you might need less milk to achieve the right consistency. If the buttercream is a bit “stiff”, you can add more milk. Add 1 tablespoon more at a time.
One thought on “Basic Buttercream Frosting”